Saturday, June 9, 2012


It’s been a good couple of hours, with plenty of progress made. With my previous panels I’ve observed that I tend to produce about five rammed layers per 600mm course of formwork, but accidentally-on-purpose I’ve been filling the forms a little more than I have in the past. I haven’t measured them (a bit hard with the formwork still in place ;) ) but I’d say I’m ramming down to about 200mm in these larger layers. It takes a little longer to ram the material, but overall it’s a faster process.

My fourth course of forms is now in place, and I’ve just used up the last of the second (large) batch of soil so I’ll be on the bobcat for an hour or so now to mix up the final batch. In the past I’ve tried to mix just enough soil to finish the panel but I’m not going to take that risk today, so I’m mixing up a full cubic metre even though I know I won’t need it all. Better to have some left over than have to mix up a bit to finish off.

I’m not going to beat the sunset today, but I may just give it a bit of a scare!

No comments:

Post a Comment